Anyone Can Be An Ally
DVD, Leader's Guide, Participant's Guide
(Program length: 14 minutes)
Anyone Can Be An Ally: Speaking Up for an LGBT Inclusive Workplace
When gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people don't feel safe and valued at work, productivity goes down, and organizations fail in their efforts to attract and retain the best and brightest talent. Many organizations realize this, and have created clear policies on the issues. But in order for the climate to change, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people need allies to speak up.
In this comprehensive training program, Brian McNaught demonstrates how anyone can be an ally to create a respectful workplace that is inclusive of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender co-workers.
Key Learning Points
- Put a face on the issues that confront lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in the workplace.
- Recognize the important role of allies.
- Learn what to say and when, what words to use and how to get your words and music in sync.
- Practice skills in being allies.
- Create a workplace in which everyone feels welcome.
- Understand which behaviors are considered welcoming and which ones are considered unwelcoming.
- Practice our skills in stepping forward to make our colleagues feel as if they want to give 100% of themselves t o the job.