Complaints: Five Tactics for Handling Complaints Effectively
DVD, Facilitator's Guide (.pdf), and PowerPoint
(Program length: 25 minutes)
Very few organizations get everything right on every occasion. When things go wrong, sometimes it's no-one's fault. Accidents do happen and they occur without warning. However, the problem is that customers, the most important people to any organization, can be affected, and sometimes very badly.
It has been estimated that every dissatisfied customer shares their bad experience with another seven people. Knowing how to handle a customer complaint is a key skill for all customer-facing staff.
Whether dealing with a complaint concerning the quality of a service or product a well-handled complaint can often achieve a great deal for your business.
Key Learning Points
- Identify areas where their complaint handling skills need to improve
- Specify those actions and features which lead to successful complaint handling
- Recognize the importance of professionally handling complaints
- Describe the five key tactics to use when handling complaints
- Device an action plan to develop their complaint handling skills