Sexual Harassment: Awareness, Perception & Prevention
A Three DVD Series
- A Manager's Responsibility Full Length Preview
- An Employee Responsibility Full Length Preview
- You Need to Know: Sexual Harassment is Illegal Full Length Preview
Three DVDs, Leader’s Guide with sample agendas, discussion questions, exercises, role-plays, handouts and acknowledgment of training certificates.
(Program length: 47 minutes)
This best-selling 3-part video series on sexual harassment in the workplace focuses on awareness, perception and prevention. The training trilogy includes a 5-minute introductory video titled You Need to Know…Sexual Harassment is Illegal, and two versions of Sexual Harassment: Awareness, Perception & Prevention—one covering the responsibilities of managers and the other for employees. An Employee’s Responsibility features 10 subtle sexual harassment vignettes and explores the question of welcomeness, appropriateness, and the critical do’s and don’ts in preventing sexual harassment in the workplace. A Manager’s Responsibility features 10 subtle sexual harassment vignettes that demonstrate the importance of zero tolerance, setting the right example, handling complaints, and timely and thorough investigations. Each vignette demonstrates a questionable situation and features both the alleged harasser’s and alleged victim’s perspective. You Need To Know… Sexual Harassment is Illegal is a 5-minute sexual harassment policy video that leaves no doubt about your organization’s policy stand on sexual harassment in the workplace. The Supreme Court has indicated that having a sexual harassment policy is not enough; it must also be clearly communicated and understood! Music, visual images, graphics, and narration make this video program a dramatic, contemporary, clear, and concise method of ensuring all your employees understand that sexual harassment is not acceptable in your workplace. This program can be used as a new employee orientation tool, a meeting opener for any sexual harassment training program, or as a periodic reminder of your organization’s expectations.
Key Learning Points
- Awareness of what sexual harassment is – not only the legal definitions but also specific actions, behaviors, and words.
- Perception – what one person perceives as acceptable behavior may not be to another. Sexual harassment is about unwelcome behavior.
- Prevention. Prevention means understanding that any kind of sexually suggestive behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated in the work place.
- Retaliation is prohibited.
This Item is a Series
Check out these other items in the series: