The Clarity Imperative
How Getting Everyone on the Same Page Makes Your Organization Stand Out
DVD, Leader's Guide with reproducible Participant Worksheets & 10 Reminder Cards
(Program length: 20 minutes)
What makes a team, department or organization stand out? Typically, it's things like clarity of purpose, a strong culture and alignment around where the group is headed. This program provides a simple but powerful methodology for getting people "on the same page" so that this kind of clarity and cohesiveness can emerge. As host and noted speaker John Jenson points out, it's not about creating a mission statement or slogan, it's about getting real with who you are, identifying the meaning in what you do and ensuring that you can bring your strengths and values to bear in every situation.
The world's most successful teams and organizations have one thing in common. Clarity. In these groups, everyone knows and can articulate what they do, the direction in which they're moving and what the culture is really all about.
In The Clarity Imperative, author and consultant John Jenson uses a variety of inspirational stories to introduce viewers to the importance of "consistent messaging". He shows that when people within a group or organization share the same understanding of "what we do", "our culture" and "our direction" -- to the point where they can succinctly express these things to others -- they are easily able to walk their talk. Ultimately the group separates itself from those that are trying to be all things to everybody.
Real-world employees from organizations in such diverse industries as food service, real estate, manufacturing, finance and healthcare provide examples of clarity in action.
Use of this program can lead to:
- Effective Talent Management - Organizations recruit for and hire people whose values are in line with those of the organization and who will fit into the culture.
- Productivity Improvement - Clarity of purpose and direction prevents a lot of wasted time and energy. Leaders and employees walk away from opportunities/offerings that don't support what the organization is really trying to accomplish. Decision making and goal setting are streamlined because everyone is working from the same understanding about what is important.
- Increased Employee Engagement - People buy-in more easily when they are clear about what their organization stands for, where it is headed and how their role plays a part in the overall plan.
- Improved Sales and Customer Loyalty - Clear messaging leads to a stronger brand. Consistency in messaging increases customer trust and loyalty.
The essence of a brand lies in its consistency. This timely program gives much needed help to those who have been searching for an effective way to align the organization around a clear message despite ever-changing conditions.
Key Learning Points
- Sparks discussion that leads to critical clarity, connection and cohesiveness in groups
- Builds morale by helping people uncover the essence of what they do and why it matters
- Strengthens a group or organization's reputation and brand through "consistent messaging”