Every job needs a good person. They need to be well trained and motivated to care about their organization. As supervisors or team leaders, we need to show that we appreciate their efforts and care about their work satisfaction.
In Discussing Performance you will meet Rob and Claire. Rob is Claires supervisor, and needs to have a performance feedback discussion with Claire. The scene begins with Rob and Claire having a disastrous meeting with tempers flaring. Next we travel on an emotional journey with Rob and Claire as they learn the secrets of making performance feedback discussion something to look forward to rather than being their worst nightmare.
Our performance discussion expert, Sam, shows us the correct way to ensure a most successful meeting, with productive outcomes and both happy bosses and employees. Whether you are a raw beginner at conducting performance feedback discussions or you have been doing them for years, this video will help your meetings become more productive, focused and worthwhile.
Key Learning Points
- How to work collaboratively to set goals
- How to motivate each other to develop professionally
- The value of focusing on outcomes
- How to tackle contentious issues
- How to formalize forward planning
- How to avoid common pitfalls
- How to give positive feedback
- How to encourage self-appraisal