In The Three Signs of a Miserable Job best-selling author Patrick Lencioni offers a unique perspective on his model for employee engagement. Based on his book by the same title, the video program's intent is for managers to tap into the potential of their employees in a new, straightforward manner. The concept presented is for managers and employees alike to see a revolutionary yet simple model for making any job more rewarding and fulfilling.
Designed to incite cultural transformation -- one manager at a time -- the easy-to-follow format will help managers more effectively engage, motivate, and retain employees by eliminating three causes of job misery.
The Three Signs are:
- Anonymity - People cannot be fulfilled in their work if they are not known.
- Irrelevance - Everyone needs to know that their job matters to someone.
- Immeasurement - Employees need to be able to gauge their progress and level of contribution for themselves.
The Video and facilitator's Companion Guide can be used to train multiple managers simultaneously in a classroom setting (half-day) or as a self-guided development program for an individual manager (2 hours). It is recommended that each participant have a Manager's Booklet.
Key Learning Points
- Gives practical advice and tools for increasing employee job fulfillment
- Teaches managers and supervisors the skills for encouraging their team
- Helps organizations alleviate the high cost of employee turnover