What kind of health care organization are you running when a dog at the vet gets treated better than patients in your waiting room? This funny healthcare training video takes a look at some very real customer service issues and helps workers truly experience the patients point of view.
A smile. A reassuring manner. Undivided attention. Thoughtful, thorough follow-up calls. In todays busy healthcare settings, these little things often fall by the wayside.
But when it comes to quality initiatives and patient satisfaction, it is the little things that matter most.
The story follows a man and his dog who go out for a walk one day and end up needing medical attention - fast. Man goes to his healthcare provider, dog goes to the vet, but one patient ends up with a far better experience. Here is a hint: It is not the man. Turns out a dogs world is actually the nicest place to be if you get hurt.
A CRM Learning release.
Key Learning Points
- The patient experience from the patient's point of view
- Easy ways to reassure people at critical points in their medical journey
- The importance of respecting the patient's time, feelings and dignity
- How an unprofessional manner erodes patient trust
- Why follow-through is so important
- The fundamentals of patient-centered care
to view the support materials provided with this program.