From showing empathy and truly listening, to exploring with permission-phrases and presenting options, employees will learn how to match the signals they send to the words they say. A wide variety of realistic public sector scenes demonstrate the use of the "right words at the right time" to overcome almost any service recovery challenge.
- A caller threatens a lawsuit.
- A citizen claims race is a factor in his application denial.
- A business owner is upset that her permit is denied.
- A veteran is offended by a scheduling delay.
- A citizen claims he was next in a service line.
- A customer makes unwanted advances with a personal gift.
- An applicant won't end her cell phone conversation.
Employees will learn how to use the Right Words to:
- Send the 3 Signals
"You Can Trust Me to take care of this"
- Stay Polite and Professional
When the customer is Rude
When the customer is Clueless
When you can't say, "Yes"
Having the exact words handy in a tense situation can make all the difference. Often, it is WHAT you say, as well as HOW you say it.
Key Learning Points
- Teaches government employees how to serve the public professionally
- Shows how to react and recover when the situation is a complaint
- Helps everyone in the agency represent and serve their citizen-customers