From making and taking calls to transferring calls and putting people on hold to taking and leaving messages, this program connects all the rules of telephone courtesy to a single, simple, easy-to-remember concept: treat the person on the other end of the line as though they were right there in the same room with you.
Key Learning Points
- Making a call is like making a visit
- Taking a call is like receiving a visitor
- Putting a caller on hold is like asking a visitor to wait at the door
- Transferring a call is like introducing two people
- Leaving a message is like making a call or a visit
- Taking a message is like receiving someone else's visitor