The training needs in healthcare organizations can change on any given day. In some cases, a topic requires a lengthy facilitated classroom-training event and in other situations there is only enough time for a quick meeting or lunchtime learning session.
In either case, when you gather people together for learning on interpersonal skills, it's nice to include video examples. Video clips bring training and teaching to life. They help emphasize ideas and lessons, and promote discussion.
The Healthcare Toolkit, Volume 1 provides a flexible set of materials that can help you build awareness and skills in workplace interactions and professionalism in responding to patients and co-workers. The video clips have been selected just for healthcare training and fall into three categories:
- Ensuring Patient Satisfaction - provides awareness of what matters most to patients, and gives ideas for how to keep patients satisfied.
- Building Accountability, Ethics and Integrity - demonstrates how individuals can work to improve and maintain strong personal standards when it comes to ethics and responsibility.
- Team Building - illustrates principles of teamwork that lead to the kind of positive, collaborative environment that will keep staff focused on the task at handtreating patients.
You can use the segments singly, by category, or in your own creative combinations. The accompanying Leader's Guide provides suggestions for use, discussion questions and tables to help you identify which segments are most appropriate for your training applications.
The clips are provided on DVD and CD-Rom so that they can played right off the DVD or embedded into a PowerPoint presentation from the CD.
Key Learning Points
- Increases patient satisfaction by modeling key customer service skills in healthcare settings
- Improves outcomes by showing staff how to be personally and collectively accountable for results
- Maximizes training budgets by providing a library of video clips that can be used for a variety of applications