The training needs in healthcare organizations can change on any given day. In some cases, a topic requires a lengthy facilitated classroom-training event and in other situations there is only enough time for a quick meeting or lunchtime learning session.
In either case, when you gather people together for learning on interpersonal skills, it's nice to include video examples. Video clips bring training and teaching to life. They help emphasize ideas and lessons, and promote discussion.
The Healthcare Toolkit, Volume 2 provides a flexible set of materials that can help you build awareness and skills in workplace interactions and professionalism in responding to patients and co-workers. The video clips have been selected just for healthcare training and fall into four categories:
- Embracing Diversity - explores the fascinating ways that culture and other forms of diversity can influence patient care while showing healthcare workers how to respect differences.
- Communicating With Clarity - shows examples of communication -- with patients and co-workers --and how to improve it.
- Resolving Conflict - examines the roots of workplace conflict and helps develop methods for reducing it.
- Supervising Others - provides examples that help build the supervisory skills of your clinical staff.
You can use the segments singly, by category, or in your own creative combinations. The accompanying Leader's Guide provides suggestions for use, discussion questions and tables to help you identify which segments are most appropriate for your training applications.
The clips are provided on DVD and CD-Rom so that they can played right off the DVD or embedded into a PowerPoint presentation from the CD.
Key Learning Points
- Builds a more respectful workplace by teaching how to respond to diverse needs and preferences
- Improves efficiency by instructing staff on clear communication and conflict resolution
- Maximizes training budgets by providing a library of video clips that can be used for a variety of applications