Get The Whole Picture has been painstakingly designed to ensure that your managers will know exactly how to get the specific work examples they need to evaluate and hire the right candidates and conduct legally defensible interviews. This innovative new course combines a thoroughly researched Participant Learning & Assessment Tool with video simulations. It includes everything you need to conduct a highly interactive, two-to-three hour classroom experience. Using the tools provided, you will help learners to create their own probing-styles profile, develop a personal action plan, and practice each of the five probing strategies. The eleven video simulations offer intentionally diverse responses to specific questions. With each simulation, participants focus on one of the five probing skills and are guided beyond the initial question to consider probing strategies that will get the answers and examples they need.
Key Learning Points
- Be more verbally disciplined during interviews
- Apply an informational style to interviews
- Describe the Five Probing Strategies and their associated skills
- Apply behavior-based probes in actual interviews
- Create their own probes "on the fly" to get the examples they need
- Avoid common "distracters"
- Conduct effective, legally defensible interviews