- It has never been more difficult to be a manager. The pressure to increase productivity and profits by doing more with less, while trying to corral a new high maintenance workforce that brings its own set of expectations and demands, has never been greater. All of this has led bestselling author and management consultant, BRUCE TULGAN, to declare the days of hands-off management officially over.
ITS OKAY TO BE THE BOSS is a humorous, highly entertaining call to action for managers, supervisors and leaders. Based on Tulgans bestselling book, this motivational video dispels the 7 myths that have created the current under-management epidemic at all levels of business. As Bruce says, Follow any problem in businessbad service, missed deadlines, soggy fries...whatever. Everything is somebodys job and everyone has a boss. Everything leads back to the boss.
Recognize the 7 Myths of Management
- The Myth of EMPOWERMENT
- The Myth of FAIRNESS
- The Myth of the JERK BOSS
- The Myth of the DIFFICULT CONFRONTATION
- The Myth of the NATURAL LEADER
- The Myth of the HR POLICE
- The Myth of TIME
Key Learning Points
- Make TIME to talk about the Work - have lots of small conversation about the work to be done.
- Talk like a COACH - use descriptive language.
- Make ACCOUNTABILITY a Process, not a Slogan - employees thrive when accountability is consistent and documented.
- Deal with LOW PERFORMERS - 4 critical reasons why you must deal with low performers.