Performance appraisal meetings are often dreaded by both the manager and the employee. However, handled correctly, the appraisal meeting can be an invaluable opportunity to learn, grow, and increase motivation -- on both sides of the table.
This exciting program demonstrates the importance of making a caring attitude and honest feedback the foundation of the appraisal meeting in in order to achieve the best results.
Brad, an unexperienced manager, is reminded of the keys to a successful appraisal by the unlikely source of James, the intern. His youthful enthusiasm for the potential of a well-conducted appraisal meeting inspires Brad to take a second look at his own performance and his appraisal style.
Key Learning Points
- How to Prepare for the Meeting
- Using Care and Candor when giving Feedback
- Separating the Person from the Behavior
- Collaborating to set SMART goals
- Keeping the PRAISE in the Appraisal