Back injuries are painful, expensive to treat and can last a lifetime. Year after year, they are one of the leading causes of injuries on the job. Protecting your back is why you need to understand the basics of how it functions, as well as the behaviors to avoid and the safe work practices that will keep you protected on the job. Because when it comes to your back, safety matters.
Key Learning Points
- Different categories of back injuries
- What is microtrauma?
- Typical causes of back injuries
- Signs that you may have a back injury
- How the back functions
- Technique for proper lifting
- Tips for protecting your posture
- How your general health effects your back