Many workers make the mistake of thinking that only healthcare providers are at risk from exposure to bloodborne pathogens, but almost all employees in the workforce can be exposed, often when they least expect it. To protect themselves from these microorganisms, employees must receive training and learn specific precautions, which is the purpose of this new program. Viewers will learn the hazards associated with bloodborne pathogens and how to protect themselves from exposure to these hazards by following universal precautions in each and every potential exposure situation.
Key Learning Points
- diseases caused by bloodborne pathogens
- the exposure control plan
- universal precautions
- handling & disposal of contaminated items
- responding to exposure situations
- decontaminating work areas and equipment