Safe crane operations rely on a balance of dependable operators, structural integrity, reliable controls, and effective safety systems. One element ties all these factors together; proper inspections.
Show employees how to conduct crane inspections with Safety Matters: Crane Inspections. Whether it’s the daily, pre-use assessment or the annual and monthly evaluations.
Key Learning Points:
- Identify components and areas to check
- Prepare for the monthly or annual inspections
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of owners and operators during inspections
- Follow post-inspection procedures, including in cases of failure
- Use the inspection log
- Adapt corrective measures
- Recognize the need for load tests