Trying to get the most out of the people you supervise, trying to get them to go that extra mile, isnt easy. But most employees will tell you that what affects their productivity more than anything else is their immediate supervisor.
The video, Would I Work For Me? demonstrates a supervisors behavior in realistic situationsfirst as a newly appointed supervisor, and then as a more experienced manager who has learned from his mistakes. Viewers will learn eight effective management skills that improve motivation, productivity and the bottom linethis is essential training for all managers and supervisors.
Key Learning Points
- A supervisor’s behavior strongly influences the productivity of a work group
- Effective management practices, including:
- Share information
- Get people involved
- Listen to people’s concerns
- Take action to show you care
- Tell people what they’re doing right
- Focus on solutions, not problems
- Deal with mistakes in private
- Use mistakes to help people