More than one million back injuries occur in the construction industry every year.
More than one million back injuries occur in the construction industry every year. These injuries not only cause employees significant pain, but also result in days missed from work, lost wages and lost productivity. But back injuries can be avoided.
"Back Safety in Construction Environments" discusses situations that can lead to back injuries and what employees can do to avoid them... both at work and at home.
Information covered in this topic includes:
- The structure of the back.
- Sources of back pain and injuries.
- The importance of good posture.
- How to lift objects without injuring your back.
- Developing healthy habits to keep your back pain-free.